Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I expect from English 1A

I expect to take with me new knowledge of how to properly structure a research paper in this class. I've always liked gathering information, forming opinions on that information, deciding how to word things, and presenting it, but have had some trouble in the past with paragraph structure. I hope to better my skills at communicating effectively on paper. Overall, I hope this class will help me tighten the screws on my writing skills and reduce any sloppiness in my writing.

2 comments:

  1. Olivia, what would you say is your trouble with paragraph structure? Topic sentences, transitions, something else?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tend to sometimes not place information in an order that seems significant. I'm not sure how it slips by me, but when I re-read what I've written sometimes, it sounds like fragments of points not leading to one particular point. I'm sure being more attentive while I'm actually writing and not being so "in my head" would make ideas form better on paper...

    ReplyDelete