Sunday, April 10, 2011

What I have learned...

Upon starting out writing this research paper, I knew only a few facts about climate change and all the controversy surrounding this issue. I had a vague idea of the severity of global warming but didn't realize how society is (supposedly) connected to it. Prior to researching for this paper, I was skeptical of climate change and had yet to be convinced of its existence. However, after thoroughly researching the facts about climate change, I am now a believer in its existence. Through reading through scientific websites and taking a look at some of the physical evidence documented, I became well-informed and completely one-sided on my opinion of climate change. Also, the only predicted outcome of climate change I had heard about previous to writing this paper was that glaciers would start melting and cause floods. This outcome honestly did not sound so bad to me when I heard it, but as I dug further into my research, I realized there were several more factors to consider as a result of climate change and they are much more troublesome than I would have speculated.

No comments:

Post a Comment